Thursday, July 12, 2012

Understanding ABGs on the Run

Having been a nurse for 14 years, I've been pretty knowledgeable about interpreting various lab results with the perspective of communicating abnormal values to the appropriate member of the multidisciplinary team.  I'm blessed to be coming into my patho class with a strong understanding of acid/base balance and blood gases.

Other than my amazing textbook (nerd alert: I love my big heavy Pathophysiology textbook), I have come across two helpful resources.

Seattle Pacific University's Advanced Clinical Pathophysiology course lectures is located for FREE on iTunes University. I have listened to a couple of lectures while running, and have watched a couple of lectures while on the stationary bike.

Another great resource for a quick and dirty explanation of blood gases is Hansen Nursing's site.

I'm cautious to be aware of time bandits sucking away at my precious study time, but I promise, these to resources are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment