Monday, July 16, 2012

Strawberries - cleaning 'em and eating 'em

We had company for lunch on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.  Now, even when we have company, my kids know that our rule is one fruit and/or veggie with each meal.  Usually it becomes fruit with breakfast and lunch and then veggies the rest of the day.  Recently, I've been reading about eating fruit separately away from the rest of your meal, but I can't remember all of what that was about, so it's on my list of things to look up again sometime when I have time (which is usually never). 

Target had containers of strawberries on sale for $1 per container this past week.  So I picked up 3 and set to cleaning the berries in my non-measured vinegar and water solution.



A nice little bath and then a rinse in the colander with some cold water and the result is clean berries.


My sweet daughter and Sunday's fruit tray - strawberries, fresh pineapple, and orange wedges. 

After having 5 kids and 4 adults eating lunch - there was no fruit left.  I'd call that success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment