Friday, July 20, 2012

Grumpy, tired and out of shape

I did not stick to my work-out plan today and I'm getting upset because I'm falling behind.

I'm tired and I can't figure out when I should sleep and when I should stay awake.  I'm not a huge fan of working night shift, but it has to work for now.

My IBS is pretty unhappy with the change in sleep pattern and additional stress of school.  My Wednesday weigh-in was a whopping 173 pounds this week, and looking at my food journal, I could see that I'm perhaps on the constipation swing of the IBS pendulum.  To help my situation out, I had a cup of Senna Tea last night and am sipping on one tonight.  If you follow the link to the tea, you'll need to scroll down past some other teas until it comes up.  It's actually called Chocolate flavored Smooth Move.

I'm struggling because I like easy to eat items like PBJ sandwiches, granola bars and other hand-held snacks that I can eat while I'm on the go.  My problem is that those things are not gluten free, and so I'm not doing myself any favors.

I'm waiting on my Learning Team member to get off work in a couple of hours, then we are going to talk on the phone while we finish a collaborative paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment