Thursday, July 12, 2012

10 Mile Training - Week 1 Day 4

I didn't write last night, so I'm catching up now.

Yesterday was Day 4 of my training and I fell off the wagon big time in the food area, but did much better in the exercise area.

It was a day off of work, and I allowed myself to be wooed by the hubby.  I had early morning errands to run and stopped by Chik Fil A for breakfast.  My word, it's so good, but yet, so bad.

Then because I was stressed about getting school work organized, I failed to notice it was 1pm and nobody had lunch yet.  The hubby was out working in the yard, so he lost all track of time.  Having a serious lack of groceries in the house meant either a trip to get groceries and then make food, or a trip to hunt and gather lunch.  The latter won out and off to Jersey Mikes went I.

I ate a salad for dinner, though, because I was feeling guilty.

My training plan (I'm following Hal Higdon's 15-K training Guide for Beginners) had yesterday labeled as a cross-training day.  I went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the bike and another 15 minutes climbing uphill on the treadmill.

While those around me watched the various evening shows on the televisions, I pulled out my iPhone and watched a podcast on electrolytes.  I love iTunes University.

No comments:

Post a Comment