Sunday, July 10, 2011

Baked Tomatoes

Sometimes I'm tired of salads, and sometimes I just want a warm yummy side-dish. Of course, since I'm trying to watch unnecessary carbs, I've been getting more creative. A friend of mine that is doing the South Beach diet shared her Baked Tomatoes recipe with me.

Forgive my lack of actual real measurements....

4 Roma tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
EVOO
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Mozzarella

I've eaten this mixture cold on many occasions and it's delicious. For a twist on the salad-version of this...

Slice tomatoes in half longways. Scoop out the interior. Mix chopped mozzarella and basil together. Drizzle tomatoes with EVOO, put cheese mixture inside, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Put in the over 350 for about 10 minutes or so.

Very gooey-delicious yumminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment