Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why I Still Have My Appendix - Probiotic Information

I previously posted about wanting to try a bowel cleanse, because I just felt like things were a bit on the sluggish side. Then last week, my littlest had a tummy bug and I had some abdominal pains. I chalked it up to being a mix of PMS cramps or the tummy bug making its way to me.

I forgot to weigh in on Wednesday, because I woke up late. Thursday, I was feeling just a bit "off", no fevers, but some abdominal pain. Friday I made awesome cupcakes and will post about those another day. Saturday I still felt somewhat icky. And then Sunday night it happened...the dog walked over and sat on my lap and it was enough to bring me to tears. My bladder felt like it was full of razors. I got up early morning Monday and went to the local doc-in-a-box since I'm looking for a new PCP on my side of town. Doc said I probably ruptured an ovarian cyst and told me to go to the ER. ER doc was convinced I would be getting my appendix out. Well, long story short. If your appendix is only a little bit sick, it stays in and goes on antibiotics, so that's where I'm at right now. I guess if I held out another day or so, I'd be going under the knife. Instead, I'm on a ton of antibiotics, I still haven't tried a colon cleanse and now I'm in the market for a good probiotic.

I spent quite a bit of time today at the local health food store sorting through probiotics. Last night I did my research and determined that I needed alive probiotics vs. shelf stable probiotics. For more information on who should take probiotics - here's a site for you, it even has clinic trials and published studies. As somebody who is lactose intolerant, I really need to consider this for long-term use.

I decided on Raw Probiotics for Women and am pleased that they also carry a children's line (which I have not researched, yet). I start on these tomorrow, and will keep you all posted.

In other news....

- I was a whopping 152 at the hospital yesterday...yikes, that's moving in the wrong direction!

- My closet challenge is coming along nicely. I gave my sister 2 garbage bags full of clothes and she is loving having a new wardrobe.

- My Random Acts of Kindness challenge was fun, and I will update with some of the fun things tomorrow when I weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment