Monday, January 17, 2011

Salad - it's for kids, too!

I am so blessed with good eaters for kids! Today's lunch on this school holiday was salad and cheese/cracker sandwiches with water.

My lunch:
0 Cal Sobe Drink
1 c. Organic Romaine Lettuce
1 c. Chopped Organic Tomato
1 left over grocery store chicken strip (hey, yesterday was busy, desperation took a hold of me at Publix yesterday for lunch!)
2 Tbsp dressing
1 serving of Triscuits

For a whopping total of 8 points for lunch!

What I learned today:
- My 0 Cal Sobe drink that I'm trying to replace my soda with is actually 2 points for a 20 ounce bottle of Fuji Apple Pear, instead of 4 points for a 12 ounce bottle of Coke.

- A serving size of Triscuits is SIX crackers. What? For real? I can recall eating at least twice that when packing lunches in the past. Isn't that why Ziplock bags are so big? Well, I know now what I should be eating!

- Annies Raspberry Salad Dressing is 1 point for 2 tasty tablespoons of this yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment