Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6-Months Clothes Challenge!

I had a mini-milestone birthday this week. I turned 35 on Sunday. My MIL gave me a great gift of a gift certificate to do anything I want with a Visa Giftcard. Whoo hooo! Perfect present for me. Why? Well, because I cannot for the life of me, fit another article of clothing into my closet. I'm saddened at how over-grown the closet has become with clothes....
As you can see, I now have a mix of scrubs and suits. I'm gradually going through the suits and trying to decide which classic ones to keep. I also seem to have a huge variety of scrubs for having been a huge variety of sizes with previous scrub-wearing jobs.

That's just one side of the closet. You really don't want to see the regular clothes side of the closet. The every day clothes, that somehow I never really wear!

I'm challenging myself to a six-month clothes challenge. My birthday is January 23rd, and my hubby's birthday is June 23rd, and so between this time, I am going to keep track of what I wear in my closet and anything that I haven't worn by June 23rd will need to find a new home. I am allowing myself to keep some items - like a couple of classic suits and some other special occasion outfits, but those things will get sealed into a suit-bag and placed in the hall closet.

My goal, is to go into my closet every day and see a bunch of clothes (just like now), but know that I actually like the clothes and fit comfortably in them and will wear them out (not like now!). A positive side-effect to this attempt at wearing more of my clothes will be that I will hopefully clean up my look a little bit, too! I'm wearing the same few things over and over again.

I'll check in from time to time and let you know how it's coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment