Monday, February 7, 2011

My Stomach is Confused

I think my stomach is confused. Last night, I got home at 8pm from a great 12 hour shift. I was starving by the time I walked in the door and considered eating a Fiber One bar and calling it good, but I didn't think that would satisfy me. I enjoy breakfast foods for dinner time, and so I pulled out the toaster waffles.

Last night's dinner for me...
- 2 blueberry flavored nutragrain Eggo waffles toasted
- 1 medium apple with the peel on, chopped, microwaved for 20 seconds to soften it a bit
- 1 TBSP all natural peanut butter
- 1 TSP cinnamon

So, for 8P I toasted 2 waffles, smeared them with peanut butter, which melted nicely into delicious gooey-ness, topped with a slightly-softened chopped apple and sprinkled cinnamon on the whole thing. It was delicious! The jury is still out about cinnamon's healthy side effects, however, since I like cinnamon and eat it pretty regularly, I think I'll be upgrading my cinnamon shaker soon with some higher-quality cinnamon.

This morning, I wanted to go for a run, but needed to get some things done first. While making the kids lunches, I threw together breakfast for me - oddly, it was a "lunch" that I ate for breakfast...
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (NSV: I skipped the mayo!!)
- Boars Head Ever Roast chickenbreast
- 1 orange
- large handful of lettuce on the sandwich
- 1 banana

So for 4P I had a very filling breakfast. I ended up not eating the banana, I took it with me on my errands and forgot about it! I also had lots of water.

I think I'm doing okay diet-wise. I changed my weigh-in day to today (Mondays) because it's easier for me to remember. I'm 146 today. I ran 3 miles this morning in 36 minutes. Not too shabby.


No comments:

Post a Comment