Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lady Track Shack 5K



This morning, I participated in the Lady Track Shack 5K with Megan (8 years old).  It was cold and I was not feeling well.  In fact, I ended up in a local doc-in-the-box place for a strep test just a few hours later and am now on the couch full of night time cold medicine, so forgive me if my thoughts ramble.  

We ended up walking the whole thing for a miserable 18 minute mile and 56 minute finishing time.  Ouch.  Really, I wish I felt good enough to run it, since it's easier to cover 3 miles in about 35 minutes than it is to do it in an hour. 

The trail for the run was mostly cobblestone roads through wealthy neighborhoods on closed streets through "old" Winter Park, near the high school.  

The post-race booths were spectacular with a Planet Smoothie sample and Kind bars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment