Friday, January 25, 2013

45 Degrees is Really COLD for Florida! Brrrr...

.

Hard to believe I spent the first decade of my life in New England.  Even harder to believe I spent 5 years living in remote Alaska.  However, I guess these last nearly 5 years in Florida have turned me into a sniveling little girl that puts the heat on in the minivan the second the temperature drops below 73 degrees!  

So this week, I was really proud of myself for getting out there at working out in the chilly weather.  

This week, I only logged 6 miles total.  While it's not fantastic, it's more than I would have logged if I just stayed on the couch.  Truthfully, I walked more than ran this week.  The cold weather seems to make my knees hurt something fierce, so walking it was.  And I spaced both times and forgot my HR monitor, so I have no idea what my pace was or calories burned.  

I did make it to the gym once this week, working around my crazy work/school schedule.  And tonight I allowed Jillian Michaels to beat me up just a bit with the 30 Day Shred, which is a great workout.  

Since I had a birthday this week and was not conscientious of my food intake at all, I'm giving myself a free week without looking at the scale.  I've been on a steady decline for about a month now, and I know seeing the number go up with be difficult for me mentally.  

Today, my BFF took me to see a movie and this little video came on during the 30 minutes of previews...while ordinarily loathe the Cartoon Network, I did find humor in this because my 10 year old son loves running errands with me, even if it means he has to help pick out a shirt for his little sister from Justice.



No comments:

Post a Comment