Friday, June 29, 2012

Oh, dear, that can't be good.

Picture credit: Google Images

My in-laws live very close to my house...like, within walking distance.  Every once in a while, there seems to be something that we aren't agreeing about, but I'm usually in the dark about why they are acting hostile.  It just might be that we each carry our own stressors and you know what they say about taking out your frustration on those that are closest to you...

Yesterday, my FIL called and asked if the hubs, kids and I wanted to go eat lunch with him.  I wasn't sure if there was some sort of ulterior motive, as in the past, we've gone out to meet them somewhere and they're like, "oh, yeah, we're also planning to go to the park, and bowling, and go-kart riding".  I never know if we are going to be gone for a few hours or all day...and this causes a rift between us when I ask before committing.  So to keep the peace, I agreed right away to go have lunch with FIL.  

We went to a very interesting vegetarian Chinese food place.  I guess now that I'm trying to eat more REAL foods, I see how often my family eats FAKE foods under the guise of "it must be healthy".  So seriously, the owner of the place had a huge paragraph on the back of the menu about how his place was healthier than anywhere else.  I'm sure you know where I'm going with this....

I ate 1/2 of the FAKE sweet and sour (non)chicken and within about an hour, I had the worse stomach pains, had to change out of my pants and into a sun dress and looked as though I was 6 months pregnant.  

I know better, and I still feel crummy.

Interestingly, we all at the non-food food and reacted different. 

My 6 year old was super-whiny last night.

My 8 year old went to bed without being told to, and complained of a stomach ache.

My 9 year old woke up in the middle of the night last night crying - he never wakes up in the middle of the night - and this morning he couldn't remember that happening.

The hubs slept terrible last night.  I moved out to the couch at 3am because I couldn't take his moaning and writhing in bed, something tells me that his stomach didn't feel so good, either.

Alright gluten, I'm kicking you to the curb.


No comments:

Post a Comment