Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheesy Taco Wraps

At our house, movie night means bento-style snacks. I was in hurry and did not snap a picture of the snacks this week.


We used these containers from the Target garden area. I couldn't find the exact picture, but that's a good similar picture.

In the long area of the container, we do air popped popcorn.

In one of the two small areas, I put in rainier cherries. So yummy! (By the way, I'm in the market for a good cherry pit picker and am open to suggestions.)

In the other of the two small areas, I made cheesy taco wraps.

Cheesy Taco Wraps

2 blocks cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp of onion soup mix
1 tbsp of taco seasoning
1 package of wheat wraps

Mix all of the ingredients (except the wraps!).

Spread mixture all over one side of the wrap and then wrap up. Wrap the wrapped up wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

After an hour, take out the wraps and slice into appetizer sized yumminess - don't forget to take the plastic off first!

Reviews:
- I loved the wraps.
- Hubby loved the wraps and asked me to make more of the filling, which he used as a spread on some crackers the next night for a snack.
- All three kids gave it a collective 6 thumbs down. Apparently, it was a little too spicy for them, and so next time I'll leave out the taco seasoning (which is a combination that I made a while back that seems to be heavy on the cayenne pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment