Friday, March 15, 2013

Just drained.

It's close to the end of my semester and I'm just drained.

Mentally - I have 3 exams still to take, 1 PPP to put the finishing touches on and 2 reflections to write.  In one week.  Ugh.

Physically - The dang scale isn't doing what I was hoping it would do, and so I reluctantly started looking through some of my old Weight Watchers stuff.  I'm still running 2-3 times a week, but I know I need more.

Financially - Ugh.  Just ugh.  Kid activities are tough on the wallet.  This month is registration for cheer, football x2, and summer swim team x3.  Not to mention a while new batch of books for the upcoming new semester.

Emotionally - I can't help but dread Good Friday coming up.  That will mark one year since my mother passed away from her Neuro-Endocrine Tumor.

I'm taking my vitamins, and drinking my water.  I'm aiming to get about 8 hours sleep a day or night, but it isn't all at the same time.  But my diet is likely a problem.  Too many foods with barcodes on them.

This week, I've been juicing more.  Primarily because I may have gone overboard on some of the fruits and veggies.  But also because it gives me a better burst of energy than coffee does.  As I think about my mother's health, it makes me think harder about how I am treating my body.  I've been reading alot about Alkaline Foods, and have been trying to work more of those into my diet.


Source: Google Images

So, I'm trying to create more of an alkaline environment for all of the health benefits that come along with kicking crap out of one's diet.  

There is a lot of interesting information about Alkaline foods here . 

No comments:

Post a Comment